29 March 2008

WOW!

WOW!!! 0.25 of 2008 is already over. That's unbelievable because I feel like I was just in New York ringing in '08 with B and 3 months have passed since then. An even bigger WOW in the sense that I have been in a relationship for 10 months and counting. I guess it's safe to say that I am beginning to complete another phase of adult life: the act of settling down. Currently it's a state of mind as I am still nomadic since I won't be living in Athens forever. Speaking of, the biggest WOW is that I am officially a PhD student. Yes sir, more nights in the basement of Stocker Center for another 2 years or so. I can't complain though, I'm enjoying what I am doing: the theory of solid state physics and the empirical nature of fuel cell testing. The best part, when one section gets too slow, I turn to the other one to At the present time, I'm looking forward to writing a paper on frequency calculations which will be my first foray into an actual academic publication. It's exciting stuff, but it's taking forever to get the results mainly because these computers are really slow. Ah well, the experiments have been suffering from neglect so I am focusing on those now.
In less mind-numbing news, now that football season is over, my interest has switched from ESPN to CNN and the on-going drama in the current presidential nomination. It's strange though, when I first arrived in the U.S. in 2000, the election was well on the way with Al Gore going against George Jnr. Even stranger is the fact that I was on Bush's side. Why? I honestly don't remember why. I didn't even know either person's platform neither did I know an iota about American Politics. I think it was because everyone at the house was supporting Gore and the "Sore Loserman" slogan (a word play on Gore Lieberman) was catching. Ah well, 8 years have passed and I'm much smarter now than I was then and although I can't play a part in the voting process, I know that there is only 1 of these candidates who can truly make a difference and change how American is viewed by the rest of the world. Anyone reading this knows who that is and if you don't, you need to reach deeper than my words and you'll know.
I look over my last post and strangely enough, that was put up around the same time as I am writing this. It just goes to prove to me that the moments that I spend awake (when everyone is sleeping) gives me the moments I need to be introspective and think about personal progression. It only makes sense though, spending the day moving others forward and spend the nights moving myself forward and being on the path to being the optimum Dammy.
Well it's back to work and hopefully an hiatus that lasts less than 1 week.

0 comments: